Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Brownie Cookies

I believe that I have mentioned that we love brownies in this house. Tonight the thought of brownies sounded delicious, but I wanted a different twist on it. I whipped up some brownie cookies and now the house smells amazing!

My girlfriend wasn't home to be my taste tester, so I dropped a plate off to her husband. I hope there is still one left for her in the morning...he was letting all the neighborhood kids try them.


Brownie Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cup Nestle cocoa powder
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup softened unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 package chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl stir together Nestle cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and baking soda. Then set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until creamy.
4. Add eggs and vanilla, then blend well.
5. Pour half of the cocoa / flour mixture in at a time. Ensure that it is fully mixed.
6. Stir in the bag of chocolate chips.
7. On a baking sheet place rounded one inch balls of dough.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
9. Cool on a baking raking.
10. Enjoy with a glass of cold milk!

No comments:

Post a Comment