Monday, April 27, 2015

Frozen Birthday Party

I do not think the Frozen fad will be dying out anytime soon now that they have announced Frozen 2! My daughter has been waiting all year to have a Frozen themed birthday party...so I went to Pinterest and tried to create the party she had imagined.

We are not big on goodie bags. I try to keep them somewhat simple. Each goodie bag cost me $3.00. I decided since it was a sleepover and there would be less children that I would invest in cups they could use at the party as well as take home with them (I had a hard time finding the cups at Target and Walmart. Kohl's ended up have a whole stack in the card section). I then placed a glow stick (for them to play with the night of the sleepover), Frozen pencil (found at Party City), Frozen Ring (Party City again) and I bought blue nail polish with glitter inside to fill the cups with.


 
My kids have never been big into games at a party, so I planned only one....a SNOWBALL FIGHT! Ok, to a lot of people that is not a big thing, but here in Arizona we do not get much snow. We had to actually make our snowballs out of white yarn. We made 43 (don't know why that exact number) pom poms and had 8 kids that played. I placed the bowl in the center of the grass and told them when they could start. The kids played for a good 15 minutes.



 
 
I printed off a few mazes and different coloring pages in case the kids wanted a quick break from playing. I found the pages on: Mighty Ink Jet Frozen Coloring Pages
 



We had a wide arrangement of food that was all themed with the party (well all of it expect for the 2 pizzas we had). I made Frozen name cards from: Oh My Fiesta Free Frozen Printable Cards. I copied the pictured into Microsoft word and made a text box with the wording. I saw where people were taking Styrofoam balls and cutting them in half to hold up the name cards. I was trying to save a couple of dollars so I just left enough paper so that I could fold it in half.
 
Everything was delicious!
 
 
Sven's carrots was just little cups of ranch with baby carrots in them.
 

 
Anna's snowballs were rice krispy treats rolled into balls and topped with sprinkles.
 
 

Hans' frozen hearts were strawberries dipped in white chocolate.
 
 

Kristoff's meatballs.
 
 
We had mini chocolate chips, stick pretzels, candy corn, marshmallows, and vanilla frosting to be able to build a snowman with.
 
 

Anna and Elsa's chocolate was chocolate chips melted with a little bit of vegetable oil.
 
 
Elsa's Ice Crystals I found on Amazon: Cotton Candy Rock Crystals. I think the adults loved these more than the kids.
 
 
For kid drink I had 2 regular non caffeinated sodas and then I put in a drink dispenser two 7-up 2 liters with a few drops of blue food dye.
 



The adult drink was a Frozen Themed Margarita.

 
Finally the cake....I do not know how to create an amazing Frozen cake off hand, so instead I created a cupcake snowflake. My frosting skills are starting to improve a little.




No comments:

Post a Comment