Thursday, April 9, 2015

Buffalo Chicken Pasta

Coming from a family who did not cook often I was always scared to get in front of the stove. My biggest fear was my family would hate what I made and then we would have to resort to take out. With my challenge of actually cooking homemade meals I have not only recruited my family to be my testers, but also our close friends. This means that my recipes are being fed to 9 people (4 adults and 5 child) with 9 distinct taste buds. I take that as being a true test to how the food tastes.

I personally LOVE pasta! If I could have it every day I would, but with changing our families eating habits we have reduced the amount we eat. I decided tonight to make a comfort meal of pasta with a little twist.

Buffalo Chicken Pasta
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 6 people

Ingredients:

1 pound penne noodles
1 1/2t salt
1 1/2t pepper
2t granulated garlic
2t paprika
1.5 lbs. of chicken breast
1T vegetable oil
3T Frank's hot sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup ranch
3/4 cup milk

Instructions:

1. Cook pasta according to packaging directions.
2. Cut chicken breasts into bite size pieces.
3. Mix in a ziplock bag salt, pepper, granulated garlic, paprika and chicken.
4. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook chicken for 7 minutes (until completed cooked).
5. Add 2T of Frank's hot sauce to the chicken and cook for 1 minute
6. In a small mixing bowl combine mayonnaise, ranch, milk and 1T of Frank's hot sauce (it will be lumpy).
7. Add the mixture to the chicken. Cook until it boils.
8. Pour the chicken and sauce into the cooked noodles.
9. Stir together and you are ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment