Saturday, April 11, 2015

Double Chocolate Brownies

If I am not being requested to make chocolate chip cookies then I am being begged to make brownies. I have always used box brownies and added chocolate chip cookies to make them a little richer.

Today my oldest daughter and I decided we would try a recipe from scratch. I found this recipe on another blog that I follow, www.moneysavingmom.com. I would highly recommend the recipe. The only thing that I would change is to place the brownies in a 10 x 15 dish instead of a 9 x 13. The brownies were a little taller than normal. Although that was what my daughter liked most.

Double Chocolate Brownie
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 35-40 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
Serving Size: 6-8 people

Ingredients:

3/4 cup cocoa (I personally used Hersey)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2/3 melted butter - divided into separate 1/3's
1/2 cup boiling water
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/3 cup flour
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 package of chocolate chips (12 oz.)

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl mix cocoa, baking soda, and 1/3 cup melted butter.
3. Add boiling water and blend until well mixed.
4. Blend in sugar, eggs, and remaining 1/3 cup melted butter.
5. Mix in flour, vanilla and salt unit completed blended.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Pour mixture into a greased  9x13 or 10x15 pan (depending on how thick you would like the brownies).
8. Bake 35-40 minutes. A tooth pick should come out clean.
9. Let cool and then serve.

If you would like you can add a 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans to the brownies when you stir in the chocolate chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment