Friday, April 10, 2015

Apple Honey Chicken

I was in the mood for a little late night snack. My first attempt at this recipe was a real learning experience, but it came out very tasty. I have adjusted the red pepper flakes below. The batch was a little spicier than I was expecting.

I cannot wait to make this recipe again for the whole family to try.

Apple Honey Chicken
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 2-3 people

Ingredients:

6 chicken drumsticks
Salt and fresh ground pepper (I used sea salt)
2 cups apple juice
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup honey
1T red pepper flakes
Pinch of salt (I used sea salt)
1T butter

Instructions:

1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Generously season both sides of the drumsticks with pepper and salt. 2. Place drumsticks on baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes (flip drumsticks halfway through)
3. In a large skillet bring apple juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, honey, red pepper flakes and a pinch of salt to a high simmer over medium-high heat.
4. Cook for 12-15 minutes (until the sauce is syrupy and coats the back of the spoon).
5. Place chicken in a large bowl. Pour the sauce and butter over to coat.
6. Transfer the chicken to a platter or plates and drizzle any remaining sauce over the pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment