Saturday, April 11, 2015

Crockpot Barbecue Sandwiches

Tonight's dinner was perfect after a randomly rainy afternoon. Our house was energetic today with 6 kids running around playing while I made dinner with my neighbor.

I was requested to make baked mozzarella sticks for an appetizer (Mozzarella Cheese Sticks). They only lasted for 5 minutes before the plate was licked clean. I guess this is a major hit in our house.

This recipe I have made a few times now and every time my kids scarf it right up. My littlest is a picker and my oldest is particular about her meat, so when I am able to get it in them I am a happy mom.

We like our meat covered in sauce. I place a batch of sauce on the meat while it cooks in the crockpot and then a second batch on the meat after it is shredded.


Crockpot Barbecue Sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 8-10 hours
Total Time: 8-10 hours
Serving Size: 6-8 people

Ingredients:

4 pounds bottom round roast

Ingredients for Sauce: (I make this twice to have saucy meat)

1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic salt
3/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup wine vinegar
2 Tablespoon classic mustard
1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (I used sea salt)
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Instructions:

1. Trim the fat off of the roast and cut into multiple large pieces. Then place in crockpot.
2. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over top of the meat.
3. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
4. Drain liquid from the slow cooker.
5. Shred meat with two forks (discard any fat).
6. Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and pour over top of the shredded meat.
7. Serve on hamburger buns or sandwich rolls.

We ate ours with mashed potatoes, baked beans and broccoli.

No comments:

Post a Comment