Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Peanut Butter Granola

I was talking with my girlfriend yesterday and she told me that I should try making some granola. I thought it was worth a try since all three of my kids have been enjoying the vanilla almond granola we picked up at Sprouts. The kids could eat peanut butter and honey off a spoon all day if I would allow them, why not make it something a little less messy for us moms?

Needless to say I went to the store that afternoon to pick up the ingredients for our first batch. I am already thinking of what flavor to try next.

If you would have told me a month ago I would be eating granola by the handful I would have thought you were crazy. I am an extremely picky eater, but it is so easy and delicious.

This recipe is another quickie with 4 ingredients.

Peanut Butter Granola
 
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Bake Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
Serving Size: 4 1/2 cups

Ingredients:

4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter (you may use regular instead)
1/2 cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions:

1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
2. Please oats in a large bowl and set aside.
3. In a microwaveable bowl combine peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 45 seconds or until the peanut butter melts.
4.Whisk peanut butter and honey until well blended.
5. Add vanilla and whisk.
6. Pour the peanut butter mixture over top of the oats and stir until all of the oats are coated.
7. Spread granola in an even layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes.
8. Stir granola and then bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Granola should become a light golden brown.
9. Let cool on a baking sheet. The granola will become crisp.
10. Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment